Virginia Living Museum Virginia Green
Our state's natural heritage is the star at the Virginia Living Museum. Here, visitors can see red wolves, bald eagles, a loggerhead sea turtle, fish with no eyes and frogs that change colors. Living exhibits depict Virginia’s natural heritage from the mountains to the sea, including a cypress swamp and a mountain cove. An observatory, state-of-the-art digital planetarium theater, outdoors boardwalk, living greenhouse and conservation garden add to the experience. Shop for unique souvenirs in the Wild Things Museum Store and dine in the Wild Side Café. Special events and evening programs are held year-round. Parking is free.
Hours of Operation
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Extended Summer Hours: Open Thursdays 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. through September 1, 2016. Closed Thanksgiving, Dec. 24-25, and Jan. 1.
Fees: $20 adults/$15 children (3-12), ages 2 and under FREE. Planetarium $4 additional.
Length of Tour: 3 hours
- Associations / Options
- NNHA Member
- Family Fun
- Handicapped Accessible
- On-Site Catering
- Meeting Facilities
- Meeting Facility Sq. Feet: 3,750
- Banquet Round Style Seating: 300
- Standing Theater Style: 370
- Shark Guts: Jun 15 - Sep 2
- Summer Fulldome: Habitat Earth: Jun 18-23; 3:30 p.m.
- Super Science LIVE!: Jun 21; 3 p.m.
- Dino On the Loose!: Jun 22
- Summer Fulldome: Lars: The Little Polar Bear: Jun 25-30; 3:30 p.m.
- Super Science LIVE!: Jun 28; 3 p.m.
- Baby Catsharks: Jun 29; 11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Summer Fulldome: Spirit of America: Jul 2-7; 3:30 p.m.
- Super Science LIVE!: Jul 5; 3 p.m.
- Summer Fulldome: Expedition Reef: Jul 9-14; 3:30 p.m.