Virginia Living Museum Virginia Green
Our state's natural heritage is the star at the Virginia Living Museum. Here, visitors can see red wolves, bald eagles, a loggerhead sea turtle, fish with no eyes and frogs that change colors. Living exhibits depict Virginia’s natural heritage from the mountains to the sea, including a cypress swamp and a mountain cove. An observatory, state-of-the-art digital planetarium theater, outdoors boardwalk, living greenhouse and conservation garden add to the experience. Shop for unique souvenirs in the Wild Things Museum Store and dine in the Wild Side Café. Special events and evening programs are held year-round. Parking is free.
Hours of Operation
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Extended Summer Hours: Open Thursdays 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. through September 1, 2016. Closed Thanksgiving, Dec. 24-25, and Jan. 1.
Fees: $20 adults/$15 children (3-12), ages 2 and under FREE. Planetarium $4 additional.
Length of Tour: 3 hours
- Associations / Options
- NNHA Member
- Family Fun
- Handicapped Accessible
- On-Site Catering
- Meeting Facilities
- Meeting Facility Sq. Feet: 3,750
- Banquet Round Style Seating: 300
- Standing Theater Style: 370
- Star of Wonder Planetarium Show: Nov 21 - Dec 31
- Wild Gifts for the Holidays: Nov 21 - Dec 31
- Laser Holidays Laser Light Shows: Nov 21 - Dec 31
- Dino On the Loose!: Dec 15; 1 p.m.
- DoDad's Lab: Science Fun at the VLM: Dec 27-29
- Stellar Noon Year's Eve: Dec 31