Virginia Living Museum Virginia Green
Our state's natural heritage is the star at the Virginia Living Museum. Here, visitors can see red wolves, bald eagles, a loggerhead sea turtle, fish with no eyes and frogs that change colors. Living exhibits depict Virginia’s natural heritage from the mountains to the sea, including a cypress swamp and a mountain cove. An observatory, state-of-the-art digital planetarium theater, outdoors boardwalk, living greenhouse and conservation garden add to the experience. Shop for unique souvenirs in the Wild Things Museum Store and dine in the Wild Side Café. Special events and evening programs are held year-round. Parking is free.
Hours of Operation
Open daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Extended Summer Hours: Open Thursdays 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. through September 1, 2016. Closed Thanksgiving, Dec. 24-25, and Jan. 1.
Fees: $20 adults/$15 children (3-12), ages 2 and under FREE. Planetarium $4 additional.
Length of Tour: 3 hours
- Associations / Options
- NNHA Member
- Family Fun
- Handicapped Accessible
- On-Site Catering
- Meeting Facilities
- Meeting Facility Sq. Feet: 3,750
- Banquet Round Style Seating: 300
- Standing Theater Style: 370
- Night of the Living Museum: Oct 22-23; 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Museum Mixer: Boos and Brews: Oct 29; 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Night of the Living Museum: Oct 29-30; 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- VLM Birthday Celebration: Nov 7; 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- James River Striped Bass Tournament: Nov 12-13
- Oyster Roast: Nov 13; 3 - 6 p.m.
- Dino on the Loose!: Nov 20; 11 a.m.
- Dino on the Loose!: Nov 20; 1 p.m.
- Turkey Pardoning: Nov 24; 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wild at Art Show: Dec 3-4; 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.