Please see below for a list of services the Newport News Tourism Division can provide to businesses in Newport News:
Provide copies of our publications, which include the annual Visitor Guide, attractions map, Toast the Coast pocket guide, restaurant brochure, calendar of events flyer, Art & Sculpture brochure, history brochures, etc., for the following:
- Tourism-related businesses that travelers visit (attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.).
- Residents and their visiting friends/family.
- Visitors to our State Welcome Centers (FEE paid to display brochures).
- Visitors to neighboring Visitor Centers (No fee paid to display brochures).
- Corporations (for recruitment and/or relocation purposes).
- Groups that stay or are interested in Newport News.
Employees of State Welcome Centers and Visitor Information Centers are provided customer service training twice a year.
A familiarization tour of Newport News is given each spring and fall for industry frontline personnel and city employees who deal with the public.
We host a group-planning seminar to assist residents in planning group events, conventions, reunions, etc., which helps our tourism industry as well as meeting planners.
We provide email addresses and/or street addresses of our industry partners for your business’ promotions and emails.
Through our website, photographs of Newport News are available for unpaid media promotions.
We provide a location at our state-certified Visitor Center at Newport News Park to place publications that include Newport News, regional, and state tourism/relocation information. Space is limited. Contact Janie Tross, Visitor Center Manager, for details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join the Newport News Hospitality Association, an organization representing retail and service establishments, attractions, restaurants, and lodging in Newport News (annual membership fee required).
- Include your email to receive press releases from the city (free).
- Join the Chamber of Commerce and use their services to deploy emails (fee required).
- Add your email to “This Week in Newport News” to receive weekly event information from tourism (free).
- Add your email to Newport News Now to receive a daily newsletter about the city https://www.nnva.gov/2121/Newport-News-Now (free).
- Visit newportnewstourism.org for industry information and statistics (free).
- Visit newport-news.org for blogs, media releases, and information about our attractions restaurants, shopping, day trips, parks, festivals/events, etc. (free).
- Follow various city Facebook/Instagram accounts to stay up-to-date on all things Newport News (free).
- Create your own Facebook and Instagram accounts to build fans and followers interested in your advertising services (free).
- Build a database of informational websites and contacts. Constant Contact is one recommendation (fee).
- Advertise on Facebook to build followers (fee).