The basic philosophy for NNT group sales success is based on one thing: AWARENESS! The more people are aware of who NNT and NNVC are and what we do, the more people will book their groups here in Newport News. Awareness is provided by utilizing concise, concentrated marketing efforts to various groups, such as tour and travel (students, seniors, group leaders, tour operators, receptive operators, etc.); sports events; meetings and conventions; weddings and reunions.
NNT is able to accomplish this by maintaining a strong visibility in an array of markets.
Tradeshows: Where buyers and sellers meet to conduct business.
- ABA (American Bus Association), NTA (National Tour Association), VSAE (Virginia Society of Association Executives) and RFN (Reunion Friendly Network)
Direct Mail Campaigns:
- Student mailings
- Tour operator mailings
- Military reunion mailings
- Meeting planner mailings
Regional Group Cooperative Ventures:
- 100 Miles of Lights, Catch A Wave, African-American Heritage
- Virginia Civil War Trails
- Conduct sales missions.
- Organize and participate in tour operator, group leader and meeting planner familiarization tours.
- Submit listings for Newport News to be featured in numerous group/meeting publications.
- Participate in a number of associations.
- Provide editorial information, media releases and materials about Newport News to group publications.
- Develop relationships with other Destination Marketing Organizations, Virginia Tourism Corporation, etc., so Newport News will be featured and represented.
Click here for information on Group Market Segmentation.