Another way to promote Newport News and its tourism industry is through media relations. By utilizing media outlets, a city's attractions are promoted to a local, regional and national audience. Local awareness of the role of a tourism office is increased. Some of the ways NNT and NNVC are able to do this include:
- Create and distribute media releases locally, regionally and nationally for Newport News and regional partnerships like 100 Miles of Lights, etc.
- Assist the Virginia Film Office with requests for motion picture/film commercial locations.
- Organize familiarization tours for travel writers.
- Newport News Channel broadcasts.
- Submit listings for Newport News to be featured in numerous publications including, The Virginia Travel Guide, Group Planner and Meeting Planner, AAA Mid-Atlantic Tour Books, and other City and Regional Visitor Guides, etc.
- Provide editorial for magazines and publications that feature Newport News.
- Provide Calendar of Event information to publications locally, regionally and nationally.
- Provide information about tourism through an annual newsletter
- Click here for a complete list of media releases produced by NNT. Click here to visit our Media Gallery.
Click here to view a detailed chart for media placement flow.