The Mariners' Museum and Park Virginia Green
The Mariners’ Museum and Park connects people to the world’s waters, because through the waters we are connected to one another. Come find your connection today for only $1 per person.
The Museum is filled with fascinating stories, captured in priceless artifacts that celebrate the spirit of the open sea. Designated by Congress as America’s National Maritime Museum, The Mariners’ Museum is one of the largest and most comprehensive maritime museums in the world. Through the stories told in the Museum’s world-class collection, guests are encouraged to explore their own history and discover their story to see how we are all connected to the water.
Discover the USS Monitor Center, home to the Civil War ironclad’s iconic gun turret. Explore small craft from around the world in the International Small Craft Center. Discover the fascinating and intricate miniature ship models of Winnifred & August F. Crabtree. Learn about the Age of Exploration and the history of the U.S. Navy. See Oracle Team USA’s 72-foot catamaran. Experience a 3D film in the Explorers Theater.
The Museum is located within a 550-acre park where guests can hike the award-winning five-mile Noland Trail or picnic at Lions Bridge overlooking the tranquil James River.
Hours of Operation
The Museum is open Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. From Memorial Day through Labor Day, the Museum is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
Fees: $1 Admission for all
Length of Tour: 2 hours
- Associations / Options
- NNHA Member
- African American Heritage
- Family Fun
- Handicapped Accessible
- On-Site Catering
- Meeting Facilities
- Meeting Facility Sq. Feet: 14,760
- Banquet Round Style Seating: 300
- Standing Theater Style: 300
- History of the Park and Trees Guided Tour: Apr 17
- Virtual Maritime Mondays: Apr 19; 11 a.m.
- Virtual Maritime Mondays: Apr 19; 1 p.m.
- Virtual Maritime Mondays: Apr 26; 11 a.m.
- Virtual Maritime Mondays: Apr 29; 1 p.m.
- Virtual Maritime Mondays: May 3; 11 a.m.
- Civil War Lecture: Battle of Memphis: May 7; 12 p.m.
- The Mariners' International Wine Classic: Jun 19; 6 p.m.