Virginia War Museum
American military history unfolds at the Virginia War Museum. Collections of artifacts, weapons, vehicles, uniforms and posters trace the development of the US military from 1775 to the present. See a section of the Berlin Wall and a portion of the outer wall from Dachau Concentration Camp. Galleries include Women at War, Marches Toward Freedom and Visions of War, the museum's propaganda poster collection. Shop for unique gifts in The Duffle Bag gift shop. Special events and evening programs are held year-round. Parking is free.
Hours of Operation
Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mon-Sat and 12 to 5 p.m. Sun. Closed major holidays.
Fees: $8 adults; $7 seniors, active duty military; $6 children (7-18); Under 7 FREE
Length of Tour: 1 hour
- Associations / Options
- NNHA Member
- African American Heritage
- Family Fun
- Handicapped Accessible
- On-Site Catering
- Meeting Facilities
- Meeting Facility Sq. Feet: 1,000
- Banquet Round Style Seating: 50
- Standing Theater Style: 70
- Gallery Talks: Post 9/11 Conflicts: Apr 15; 1 - 1:30 p.m.
- Gallery Talks: The Hampton Roads Port of Embarkation: Apr 22; 1 - 1:30 p.m.
- Military Food: Apr 24; 1 p.m.
- Gallery Talks: Propaganda: Apr 29; 1 - 1:30 p.m.