Local Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
- The City of Newport News is following COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines by the Commonwealth of Virginia. For full details, please visit https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
- City Hall, offices at City Center at Oyster Point, NNPD headquarters and precincts, Department of Human Services, and Voter Registrar’s Office will open with regular hours. Masks and social distancing are required, and elevators will be limited to two people.
- Parks, Recreation & Tourism:
- Now Open (as of March 9, 2021):
- All playgrounds
- All basketball courts
- All park trails & green spaces
- All park restrooms
- All picnic shelters (except for 19 & 20 at Newport News Park)
- Archery ranger (online class required)
- Bike trails
- CSO, campgrounds & facilities
- Disc golf course & rentals
- Discovery Center
- Dog parks
- Fishing piers
- Leeward Marina
- Skate Parks
- Golf courses
- Tennis courts
- Lee Hall Mansion: Thursday - Saturday, 10 am - 4 pm
- Endview: Thursday - Saturday. 10 am - 4 pm
- Virginia War Museum: Thursday - Saturday, 9 am - 4:30 pm
- Newsome House Museum & Cultural Center: Thursday - Saturday, 10 am - 5 pm
- Click here for updates on parks, city-sponsored special events, recreation centers, and senior centers:
- https://www.nnva.gov/parks-and-recreation or call (757) 926-1400
- Click here for updates on athletic programs: https://www.nnathletics.com/
For all Newport News Attractions, please call ahead to check their status.
For a listing of curbside and delivery options in Newport News, Please note that the restaurants listed are all members of the Newport News Hospitality Association click here.
Click here for regional attraction reopening information.