Local Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
- City Hall, offices at City Center at Oyster Point, NNPD headquarters and precincts, Department of Human Services, and Voter Registrar’s Office will open with regular hours. Masks and social distancing are required, and elevators will be limited to two people.
- Parks, Recreation & Tourism:
- Now Open (as of March 9, 2021):
- All playgrounds
- All basketball courts
- All park trails & green spaces
- All park restrooms
- All picnic shelters (except for 19 & 20 at Newport News Park)
- Archery ranger (online class required)
- Bike trails
- CSO, campgrounds & facilities
- Disc golf course & rentals
- Discovery Center
- Dog parks
- Fishing piers
- Leeward Marina
- Skate Parks
- Golf courses
- Tennis courts
- Brittingham-Midtown Aquatic Center open for lap swimming only.
- Summer Youth Childcare program is open, space is limited.
- Lee Hall Mansion, Endview Plantation, Virginia War Museum and The Newsome House Museum & Cultural Center are open Thursday – Saturday, 10 am-4 pm.
- Click here for updates on city-sponsored special events, recreation centers, and senior centers:
- Stay 6 feet away from others, unless you are from the same household.
- No groups of more than 10 people.
- No amplified music.
- No large coolers.
- No tents OR groups of umbrellas.
- No group sport activities (volleyball, Frisbee, etc.)
For all Newport News Attractions, please call ahead to check their status.
For a listing of curbside and delivery options in Newport News, Please note that the restaurants listed are all members of the Newport News Hospitality Association click here.
Click here for regional attraction reopening information.