Historic Endview

Add to trip planner

Contact Information


Completed in 1769 by William Harwood, Endview has been restored its 1862 appearance. In the 1850s, the home was purchased by Dr. Humphrey Harwood Curtis, William Harwood’s great-grandson. Dr. Curtis had his medical practice at Endview from 1856 to 1861. The home was used briefly as a Confederate hospital in the spring of 1862 and was then occupied by Union forces until 1864. Endview is now a historic house museum and offers guided tours. Special events and evening programs are held year-round. Parking is free and there is a gift shop. Historic Endview is partially wheelchair accessible. There are discount tickets available for military and AAA members.

Hours of Operation

Seasonal Hours:
January - March:
Thu - Sat 10am - 4pm
Sun 1pm - 5pm
April - December:
Mon, Thu-Fri 10 am - 4pm
Sat, 10 am - 5pm
Sun, noon - 5pm
Closed Major Holidays

Fees: $8 adults, $7 seniors, $6 children (7-18); Under 7 FREE

Length of Tour: Pre-arranged only, 1 hour

Additional Information

  • Associations / Options
  • NNHA Member
  • African American Heritage
  • Family Fun
  • Handicapped Accessible
  • Historical Homes & Neighborhoods
  • History
  • Military
  • Meeting Facilities
  • Meeting Facility Sq. Feet: Outdoor
  • Banquet Round Style Seating: Outdoor
  • Standing Theater Style: Outdoor